1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is using household items for pleasure healthy?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Almost Canadian, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Almost Canadian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello!
    I know this is weird question, but it's one that concerns my own health, as you'll see.
    Is it healthy to use household items for *ahem* anal pleasure?
    I know already people will use dildos and other toys, but I'm 18 and still live with my parents, so I don't think I could get away with purchasing anything like that.
    So what do I use instead?
    There's this backscratcher that no one uses in my shower with a long plastic handle.
    I've used it about 5 times already, but recently I've been having stomach pains and that might be the cause.
    So is it like dangerous to be using household items for self-pleasure like that?
    Should I stop?

#1 Almost Canadian, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  2. killswitch0029

It's not the best decision to just grab anything with a long handle and shove it up there for pleasure. If you really want to be able to.... pleasure yourself that way you'd be better off using your fingers and some vaseline. It's kind of messy but it's better than jamming shit up there and potentially causing some damage to your insides.

3. seeking

Why not buy anal beads?

Easy to hide, easy to clean, and would still give you that full feeling. You can get them in flexible form or stiff (stuck in a specific shape)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_beads

They cost little...usually close to 18 dollars and easier to hide than an actual dildo.

As long as you keep your room clean and do whatever is ask of you in the household it should limit the need of your parents coming into your room to gather clothes or clean your room (if they still play a role in you housing hygiene

4. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Obviously SOME household items are okay if cleaned and lubed properly but, not jsut anything that looks interesting.

Had a young friend actually use a Mag Light, yeah well those are metal, diamond textured. basically a metal file. Results not good. He called me, I had to take him to the hospital. SO yeah, go buy proper toys, they aren't that hard to clean or hide.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best advice is to avoid using any household items. I know it can be difficult to discreetly source and hide sex toys, but we really cannot recommend or encourage the use of other things that are not intended for anal pleasure. It's just not safe.

The last thing you want is a visit to the A&E (ER) department. Aside from the medical issue, how would you conjure up a plausible explanation for other people... like parents? It would take a lot of explaining, wouldn't it?

7. Almost Canadian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you guys for the advice!
    Not sure were I'd anonymously be able to purchase anal beads though...
    I guess I'm better off using my fingers anyways.

8. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why can't you go to a local sex shop and buy a dildo?

9. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :eek:

10. smurf

I get that people are scared of household items because they don't want people to get hurt, but there are things that you can use.

The main worries are:

- Make sure that whatever you use has a base. With lube and awkward angles, you will lose your grasp. This is why most dildos have the balls, so its not possible to go all the way in and get stuck.

- Use a condom with whatever you stick up your butt. One of the main concerns is that you will introduce bad bacteria into your body. So use a condom to make sure everything is covered.

- Make sure the item doesn't have sharp edges. Things like plastic will be melted together sometimes, those edges will cut you.

The handle of toothbrushes are for the most part safe. Get an extra one, cover it with a condom, use lube, and you are set.

11. ITKintheknow

ITKintheknow Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    did you read his OP?

12. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I read the original post.

The OP doesn't really say why he can't buy a dildo. He's 18, so he can legally purchase something. He most likely drives, so he can get to a shop that sells such items. He can probably scrape together enough money to buy something. The fact that he lives with his parents shouldn't really be a barrier. Most people who live with their parents are able to hide things. If having no ability to hide something like a dildo is the issue, then we can potentially help with that as well. At least I would then know what the issue is. I don't agree with the idea that he should use household items at all, regardless of whether they have a condom on them or not.

And to OP: No, I don't think using household items for anal pleasure is healthy. Either for you or for the household item.

#12 I'm gay, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  13. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One more thing to OP:

I should have really explained why I think using household items is a bad idea.

When I was a teenager, I had a big desire for anal stimulation. I was rather obsessed with it for a while. I tried a lot of different items I found around the house. Some met with success, some not as well. I had the following issues and problems with this:

1. I "lost" an item in my anus, and freaked out for about an hour before I was finally able to pull it out. I was almost ready to tell my parents so they could take me to the ER. Luckily, I was able to take care of it. I know this is why it was suggested to you to use something with a flared base, but that's not always easy to find.

2. A very slight edge of the mold on a plastic handle on a tool ended up cutting my anal wall, and I got an anal fissure because of it. It was highly irritated and then got infected. This one I did have to go to a doctor to have dealt with.

3. I had one item break while it was in my anus. No damage to me, but it could have been dangerous.

4. A couple of items turned out to be too long and I poked myself inside a little too much. Ended up in some pain and freaking out over it.

5. Metal items hurt a lot more!

Toys that are specifically designed for anal play are really the best choices. Is there really no way for you to hide a dildo in your room?

14. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^^That is very good and very real advice^^^ I had some of those same experiences when I was a young teen.

OP
    Another thing is that you don't know the quality of the plastic, you could be putting chemicals into your body that are very bad. This is another reason to buy a high quality toy made for anal stimulation.

15. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol I think I've done something disgusting to pretty much every item in my childhood home. I would just be smart about it if you are going to do it. Definitely make sure it's nothing that is going to get stuck up there, nothing potentially sharp or rough...

I understand you are worried about your parents finding your stuff, but you are eighteen so you can really have whatever you want. Just find a very clever hiding place. Even if you aren't comfortable hiding a dildo in your room, maybe invest in some lube and condoms. That would seem normal to have. I mostly mention this because of the above poster who suggested vaseline. I strongly recommend against that. When I was a teenager, I'd heard about people using vaseline as lube and thought it would be okay, so I ended up not only using it myself, but on a few other people in various orifices...Some people have had adverse reactions to it and I am still embarrassed to this day that I seemed so sure that was okay to do. That stuff is really not meant for internal use. And real lube works so much better. Condoms assure you keep whatever you are putting up there clean, plus help avoid any rough edges and potential tearing that may occur. I actually used to wrap things in saran wrap. That works too, but I think condoms would be nicer. There is nothing sexy about saran wrap.

If looking for the best discreet household item to use for this, I suggest a hairbrush handle. With a condom preferably.

Whoever said the thing about plastic molding is spot on as well. Even an item that seems pretty smooth can have sharp edges and you might not even notice it until you start bleeding.

#15 Rickystarr, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016