1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rejected...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ijustdontknow, Sep 4, 2013.

1. ijustdontknow

I posted something on this forum a little while ago, here is the link if you would like a background history of the situation:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/sexual-romantic-orientation/103740-am-i-going-crazy.html

I promised a few people that I would let them know what happened. Honestly, I don't really want to post the end result, to relive the situation... But I also realize that I can't just run away from my emotions, and I definitely could use some advice.

So, when he got back for the summer, he didn't contact me. I had messaged him several times over the summer, and received no response. So I wanted to give him some time to message or call me. Well, that never happened, so I contacted him. It took a few times of texting and messaging him to actually hang out. He always had a lame excuse, which I believed. But I'll skip all the boring stuff and get right to it.

We finally get the chance to hang out. I'm seeing him and talking to him for the first time in months. I'm overjoyed. I just missed him so much. But I could tell things were a little weird. It took me a while to initiate the conversation, but when I finally did, it went like this:

I told him I was miserable all summer. That I missed him. That I realized that I loved him. That I know now that I loved him for a long time, but thought it was friendly/brotherly love before - and just now realized that it was romantic. That the love I have for him is pure, innocent, true - completely untainted by lust or greed. Just unconditional love. I told him I was sorry for ever hurting him. That I wish I could take it back, that I knew then what I know now. That it was just so hard... that it still is so hard because I am straight, but there is just something about him, about us... that he is the only exception. That I thought about him every second that he was gone... He told me he used to feel that way about me. I told him that I was even considering putting off my graduate school for just a bit so I didn't have to leave him... But he told me he was leaving me, to travel abroad next semester. I told him that I knew. I told him I didn't have much time to talk right at the moment, that I had to go home. I told him that I really wanted to continue the conversation when we had more time. He told me he didn't feel that way about me any more. I told him that I know... that I had known all summer, but didn't want to face the facts. I told him that I just needed to hear it for myself. I needed to tell him I loved him. I needed to apologize. I told him now that I did, I could move on and let him move on. That I was at peace, and didn't have any negative feelings toward him. He thanked me for telling him and then left.

Now I'm lost. I love him so much. I don't know how to move on from losing my soul mate. Every time my phone rings, I hope it's him, telling me he just wants to meet to hear the rest. I'm trying to give him space, but I constantly have the urge to call him. I try to tell myself it's probably for the best... but can't shake the horrible void in my life that unrequited love has created.

How do I move on? This was the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. Get married to. Have children with. Grow old with. Show my love to every second of every day for the rest of my life... I don't want to cut my best friend out of my life, but I have no idea what else to do because every time I see him, I fall even more in love with him and hurt that much more. Any and all advice would be much appreciated.

2. tomtomtom

I read both posts entirely. It's so touching. I feel good for you that you have such a soul mate that you can share life with. I think you should try more. He has persisted for years to try to express his love and you shouldn't give up this easily if you really love him.

Good luck!

3. Wow... that almost made me cry. That was sooo beautiful...

Honestly, if I was in your shoes... I'd never give up. Go after him and don't ever give up. True love like that is so hard to find, and should never go to waste once found.

Best of luck, with all my heart <3

4. Oh hello

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Holy shit man, I actually cried for a solid 2 minutes after reading this. sorry I can't give much in the form of advice, so here is my blessing. From one straightish guy to another, you have my blessing to pursue your super duper soulmate dude crush

5. Macabremelody

awe its so sad :frowning2:

6. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow.... I'm sorry dude... unrequited love sucks... :frowning2:

Such a sad story... your sadness is practically tangible! :tears: