1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am desperately trying to figure out a workable sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by agf, Jan 23, 2014.

1. agf

agf

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm 19 and female and have never dated. I'm (as the title implies) really confused about my sexuality. I am sexually and romantically attracted to girls, and I could see myself being in a relationship with a girl. However, I am much more romantically attracted to guys; I could see myself falling in love with a guy and have a greater connection, and thus I think that a straight relationship might be a little more fulfilling for me. It's just that I'm not at all sexually attracted to guys. I get huge crushes on guys, they're just romantic and not sexual in nature. I've even thought "well, maybe a relationship could still work if I'm not attracted to him in that way.. after all, relationships are built on mutual trust and love." But I'm sure it would cause problems, especially as the relationship progressed.

Basically, I really want to just be straight because the emotional component is already there, but I can't force sexual attraction. It's not that I don't get romantic feelings for girls, just not as much. You can see where this might be a dilemma.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How desperate are you for a sexual connection though?

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Demisexual towards men?

4. PinkCammelia90

You have to ask yourself what you really want out of a connection with someone, let alone a relationship. Do you want to feel equally fulfilled romantically and sexually? Or do you want to be fulfilled romantically and work on sexual interest later (which may be more difficult - I've found myself in this situation a couple of times)?

5. Etak

I posted a similar thread a while back. I completely understand where you're coming from. Another thing to consider is that you've always imagined a life with a guy, always been told you'd marry a guy, and it's what society expects. You could just be experiencing strong denial. The person I consider to have been my first love is a guy, and yet I am leaning strongly towards girls. These things aren't always as clearly defined as people think they should be.

Here's the thread I referred to:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/sexual-romantic-orientation/120977-constant-self-doubt.html

#5 Etak, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014