1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Sony Hack

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by bobbert, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

So... Sony got hacked. I won't spend the time explaining, unless you have any questions about the why, who, what or how. However this article should explain most of what you want to know Everything you need to know about the Sony hacks | The Verge

President Obama said that pulling the movie was a bad option. I believe the same, I believe that Sony gave up too fast, so did the movie theaters who decided to not screen the film (which is all of them) because of terrorist threats.

President Obama says the United States does plan to retaliate.

(time to get deep, recommend listening to your favorite "rise up/raise against song")
    To me this is about more than just about releasing a film that depicts Seth Rogan and James Franco in an off color comedy. This is about the fact that someone somewhere else, whether it's North Korea or not can try to impose censorship on the United States through fear. The country that screams freedom of speech through out it's young history! The country that who's founders had their enemy right outside their door while they were forming it! Sorry but i am going to change the purpose of this post. I did't wan't going to show this because i just want an opinion but here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8YmZONajJ0

I want more than opinions now... I want people to help. I realize that in that video it asks to convince your local theatre to show the film and that might not be possible so I am out of ideas on how to help. To me this is a chance to show that through all the United States faults, we can still show we believe in something that makes this country what it is, and that we will not let go of that idea. You might think I am overreacting, maybe I am I don't know, all i know is that I want to help. To be honest I would like to be right beside the FBI helping in what ever technical retaliation they have planned. I can't do that because my computer level is not to that skill quite yet.

What can I do to help, what can you do?

Thank You.

2. shinji

shinji Guest

There is already a thread about this...

My opinion is... do nothing. It's irrelevant to me personally so, why bother. Especially knowing that I have no power to change anything.

On a side note... While informing myself of this, trough the links provided. I happened to stumble across this:

Everyone hates this anonymous cameraman

It's somewhat unrelated but, it made me remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs

So now I'm in the mindset that, they got what they deserved. ¯\(°_o)/¯

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We already have a thread for this here.