1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any other lesbians married to a straight guy?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Morgan22, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Morgan22

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi I'm new here looking for people to connect with who understand coming out very, very late...like years and years into a heterosexual marriage late...and the challenges this makes in life and in relationship. I'm in my 30's married over a decade. Two kids. Only my husband 2 friends and my therapist even know what I'm going through, and they only know pieces. Anyone else on this forum in the same boat even partially?

2. iiimee

Umm, sorry! I don't know what you're going through exactly, since I'm one of the youngest members! Still, I'm here to listen and talk things out with you if you need somebody! My name's Chase, and welcome to EC! If you feel comfortable telling us your story, many members here have experienced similar things and would be glad to help. If you still love your husband emotionally, maybe it would be wise to speak with him? No doubt it might hurt him, but as your spouse maybe you two can find a solution.

3. Snever2late

Hi! Welcome to EC! There are A LOT of us in the same boat, and I've found the best, most supportive group of women to relate to on here. I'm 32, married, and have an 18month old son and just realized that I'm actually a lesbian, so I understand where you are at. Feel free to message me anytime you want to chat!

Also! You might want to look at these threads:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/sexual-romantic-orientation/143948-has-never-happened-before.html

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/lgbt-later-life/152453-fell-love-girl.html

4. Tudor

Hey Morgan22...have an idea of what you're going through...I was with my husband 22 years before leaving him and coming out to myself regarding my sexuality...that was 6 years ago now. Good luck with everything...just take it day at a time...or if that's too much hour by hour...minute by minute...what ever works for you...if you want to chat drop me a line

5. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Morgan22 welcome :slight_smile: I know what you are going threw I have been married for 20 years and have 2 kids and a grandbaby ! I am 40 years old ,I know this is hard to deal with but I know that you can do it . If you ever need to talk or just need somebody to listen I am here for you !

6. ChasingPavement

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just joined. This is my first post, for this exact reason. I'm 33, been together a decade. Two kids. And I'm afraid I've made a terrible mistake. Don't know what to do. I still love him. But more as a friend. And I can't imagine tearing apart our family, but can I be happy with him? So many questions.

7. Blossom85

Hi there and welcome to EC,

I think a lot of women find themselves in your shoes, please don't feel ashamed or badly. I think just take your time in figuring things out and where you wanna be in your life. I can't say I am in the same boat as I am single, however I don't envy the position you are in. It must be really hard and I think you will as much support as you can get, so please know that we are all here for you.

8. lovely lesbian

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  10. nodak

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It feels like a lonely situation (I know because I'm there too.) So know that you are not alone and also thanks for assuring me that I'm not alone in this. Good luck with all your struggles and triumphs!

11. Paul6089

Paul6089 Guest

Hi and welcome!

12. Morgan22

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks all for reaching out and letting me know I'm not alone in this. To those of you who are married with kids and still married, have you talked about it with your husbands? How in detail did you get? I've been increasingly more honest the last couple years (I was honest 1st time about it 4 years ago, fairly basic, like "I am actually not attracted to guys, I'm attracted to girls" was as far as it went, and he was surprised, but not even really threatened for some reason...) but it really didn't sink in till last fall with him when he started asking me more pointed questions and I am regretting how honest I was with him because it's caused distance and hurt not true understanding. ...He says he 'accepts' this about me and we do care about each other, sincerely, but I know he's still attracted to me, so it's hard for him to not have it reciprocated and it's like this ghost in the room between us that we don't know what to do with, but we don't want our family to break up either, there's so much good here...It's just so lonely and difficult sexually, to have nothing there between us, and know that I'm the reason why.

13. nodak

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its really hard when being honest hurts someone you love and care about, but saying nothing is still going to hurt him. You might have to be the one that says we could both be happier if we were with someone else if you think that is true. I'm still in the waiting for it to sink in to him phase. Its so tricky to navigate. I don't have kids, so I can't imagine adding that factor. But I would say being open and honest is always best, you just need to be prepared for what that brings. Which in this case might mean that your relationship with you husband changes.

14. bi2me

I'm bi and married with 2 kids, but I'm happy to chat sometime about all the issues. The two threads above were really helpful to me when I was coming to terms with everything this summer/fall - who am I kidding - I'm not really done with that :slight_smile: