1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure how date or flirt!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ForestDweller, Sep 30, 2014.

1. ForestDweller

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everybody! I've recently turned 18, and I am very interested in finding people to meet and perhaps date.:icon_wink Now the main issue with this is I was raised in North Idaho, Which as a lot of you probably know is a very anti-gay culture. I've known I was gay for as long as I can remember and grew up a very confused kid since I didn't like busty blondes like my father ever so wished! So with that being said I have NO idea whatsoever on how to flirt with other gays! How should I meet people? Should I try to find other individuals like me to befriend that will teach me the basics of gay dating?

ForestDweller :help:

2. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you should just go out and explore the world. Experience is the best teacher. I'm not telling you to be promiscuous though. Just put yourself out there and you'll be surprised.

With regards to flirting, I'm terrible at it. I'm a very socially awkward person so I can't give you the best advice on "how" to flirt.

3. ForestDweller

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'll take that into consideration thanks!

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  5. WannaBeMe

Yeah pretty much. And ditto on the socially awkward thing.

6. ILetItGo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just be glad, you're figuring this out at 18. I'm 23, and literally just started my own thread with a very similar topic. You've got 5 years of experience to build upon, I'm worried that having done nothing with a guy, and I'm 23, well I'm a little bit embarrassed!
    I' also wondering how to 'know' someone else is gay, that whole gaydar thing! How do I get mine? lol!

7. shinji

shinji Guest

Hijacking the OP's thread but still think it's somewhat relevant.

It's basically in the eyes, you need to learn how to read micro expressions and body language.

Also the clothes they wear, are they color matching, what style, is it "too much" for the sake of looking stylish (typical gay thing) or is it too scarce to show more "stuff", or is it just sloppy (typical hetero)?

The combination of all these signs can give you a pretty good hint about someone. When in doubt, always assume your "target" is gay, far easier that way.

In time you get used to "pinging" people at first glance.