1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm afraid my best friend will kill himself..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BrokenWings, Mar 23, 2013.

1. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no clue where to begin, but here goes, I've been REALLY worried about my friend lately for a bunch of reasons;

First off, he came out to his father and got got physically abused, he stayed with my family and I for a week or two but eventually had to go back to his home, then, some fucking assholes beat him up thinking he was gay (which he is, but that's obviously not an excuse) the entire school heard that and immediately, some moron in our class (who I managed to hit him on the jaw today, and even though I generally don't approve of violence, I feel very good that I did) told everyone on Facebook that he's gay. Now everyone's picking on him. What makes matters even worse is that he told me he'd been cutting himself for the past year. I honestly can't even believe this, he's always happy and fun, I NEVER thought he'd do something like that. I mean, you cannot imagine how much this was a shock to everyone who met him. I've been trying to call him for a while now but he won't pick up, he barely speaks in school anymore, and what's worse, the teachers and staff won't do anything about it.

Ok, so I live in Amman, middle-eastern city not known for it's friendliness towards LGBT people. The teachers here are stuck on what to do, the only decent teacher here towards LGBT rights (Who is ironically the Christian religion teacher) is on some trip to the Holy Land with the older kids. So there's literally no one to talk to about it. You have no idea how much he changed in the past week. I tried talking to him in class but he won't talk about it to anyone-if he talks at all- I tried calling him but he won't pickup. He's usually a very VERY intelligent person, but when he's too excited, or happy, or sad or any emotion to the extreme, his actions become really unpredictable. I'm so scared, I don't know what to do, usually we're very open and could talk about practically anything, but lately he barely talks anymore and burst into tears in English class today! The students here are so idiotic it's actually quite scary. They just joke about it and treat him as nothing! Do you think there's a chance that he'll do something like that? What should I do? I'm sure he has an account here, but I discovered that his Hitler of a father confiscated his laptop from him. So he can't even talk to anyone. I really need some advice and fast, I've been thinking about this forever and I'm stuck, please, any help?

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have him visit you again until the teacher gets back.

3. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He won't listen to me, he would just downplay everything and tell me that he's fine. I already tried asking him to stay with us for a while longer, personally I think he wants to, but his father wouldn't let him. What do you think I should do? I mean, I don't think he'll ever forgive me if I did anything without consulting him.

4. Aldrick

Hey BrokenWings. I'm not sure, but it sounds like you might be talking about Probablyrandom. The story your telling is exactly like his - view his threads here and here.

If this is the case, then yes I am very worried about him. Do you have any way to travel to his home to check on him? Do your parents know about what is happening, and if so are they supportive? Do you know how to get in touch with either of his brothers?

If possible, see if he can get back over to your place, at least for the weekend.

5. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I think that's him, I can't believe it. Getting to his home is a bit difficult since he lives a bit further away from me, it's not within walking distance. My parents don't even know of my own sexuality, let alone his, I just told them that his father needs to leave for a week or two. He stayed at my place a tonne of times before, so my parents didn't question it much. They're not exactly much help considering their..odd stance towards LGBT people, even though they're MUCH more supportive than his father, but that's not exactly an accomplishment, if they ever found out they'd probably spend most of their time yelling rather than doing anything, so telling them would be a step back. As for his brothers, I haven't seen his twin around school for a while now, I've been looking for him to talk, I've never met his older brother, but he told me a lot about him, so I'm not exactly sure what to do here.

I've already tried asking him a million times if he can stay over at my place for a while, but he told me he's fine. Now it's very obvious when he's lying, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to stay over.

6. Aldrick

Gah. I was hoping your parents would be supportive. See if you can find a way to get in touch with his twin brother since he won't respond. Be careful of what you send to him via text as his father might have confiscated his phone, which may be the reason you can't get in touch with him.

Do you guys have anyone else you can trust?

7. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Other than this one teacher (who's on a trip) I can't really think of anyone. I'm afraid to tell anyone mainly because of the homophobia and the fact that I don't want to do anything that he wouldn't want me to.

8. Aldrick

I understand. The only real thing you can do at the moment is attempt to get in touch with his brother or get over to his house yourself.

Please keep us updated on what happens.