1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RalphHenry, Oct 10, 2014.

1. RalphHenry

RalphHenry Guest

Honestly, I'm kind of uncomfortable still using the word trans, but that's the easiest way for people to understand. I just told my very best friend in the entire world that I don't feel 100% girl. She was supportive, but I felt like she didn't completely understand.

I feel so emotionally empty about it. I wish she was more excited about it. She thought I meant I just want to dress like a guy, but what I meant was I want to be a guy. I told her what I was trying to say and she was still supportive, but I get the feeling she was kind of unsure.

All of this just puts me back to square one where I'm not even sure myself! I don't know if she could ever get used to it. If my best friend (who is bisexual) can't even understand completely, then how am I supposed to feel about coming out to others.

To add on to it: I went shopping for men's clothes and completely lost my nerve. I know that happens a lot the first time for trans people, but it's so irritating! I just want to be me without having to take all these extra steps! I started out walking through all the clothes and even looked through some, but I couldn't bring myself to buy anything as if the cashier would know what I was thinking. I' going to try again soon and actually do it. I have to; for me. If anything is going to progress, I have to take he first step.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian