1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook IM come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Ticklish Fish, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Ticklish Fish

IF you want to read background threads:
    Background thread 1
    Background thread 2
    Background thread 3

So like title said, I came out on facebook via instant message.

Me: you're probably about to sleep, but could i tell you something serious tmrw or should i wait a better time?
    Him: ill be awake for a while
    go for it
    Me: well, i just want to randomly thank you as friend for delaing with my silliness and facebook random chitchat
    Him: hahaha sure no problem :slight_smile: i apologize i dont awlays have time to talk. i usually log on for only a few minutes at a time to see whats happening

*skipping unrelated stuff here*

Me: ok, so serious thing. um... this is scary for me yo bring up. but i remember you asking me if i was gay two years ago... (maybe you dont remember) i dont know if i can trust u, but yeah. i havent tell family. *seriousness over* *sigh*
    Him: oh wow. i fell honored youd come out to me. I definitely dont hold any prejudices, if you are worried about that. have you told many other people
    Me: i told one person from my friend circle but i thikn i said more like "im not striahgt" and then we derail to pokemon
    because pokemon is awesome
    and then one person my senior told me he's gay first and we kind of talked more after he moved to a different city
    i rememebr when u ask me but i was in denial. though i wasnt sure if you were joking or serious since we re talking about anime like before you brought that up
    Him: i thinks it great that you are becoming open and honest about it. not that its a conversatoin that comes up all the time. but still. Oh.. hmm i dont think i quite remember that conversation. sorry

and then the conversation derailed from here to unrelated stuffs

so basically i came out to him, he's open and won't tell people lolz. he also don't remember asking me if i was gay rofl. oh well.

I don't know now. I thikn imma sleep and go study tomorrow. THANKS EC for the help to overcome a little fear. I might tell more people later this weekend or today. be back in some hours after sleeping

2. penguin machine

Well done! I'm glad it went well! Facebook is a fine place to do it. I turned beat red trying to come out to my best friend. I also got attacked by a series of hornets as I was trying to come out so it took a good hour longer than I needed to. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. The Dude

This made my day dude, I'm so proud of you! I don't know about you, but it became a necessity for me to tell someone, so I texted my friend and got it over with. He didn't care and maybe it was underwhelming but looking back it couldn't have been better and I have no regrets. I'm so glad this worked out for you, you should be very proud.

4. MrPotato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    omg ticklish!!!

You finally did it! :grin:

I'm glad that he didn't freak out about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and is cool with it. haha

Now we can go to the gay group things together hahahaha.

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats Ticklish!

One by one is the way to go!

6. Nick07

:slight_smile: don't forget to change your out status

7. Ticklish Fish